Re: Fabric Patterns

  • David Roland
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 2 10:50 AM
      When I first started playin in the SCA many years ago the time span of
      the SCA WAS: The fall of the Roman Empire to Shakespeare's death.
      (1619)

      Then it got moved and then it got moved again.

      CURRENTLY the time span is Pre 1600's. IE NOT 1601 or past. However,
      like the speed limit you can fudge it a little and most people won't
      bugger you a whole lot as previously mentioned lots of stuff didn't
      simply end on December 31, 1600.

      Don't fudge it too much but don't worry if you go a tad over.

      These are of course general comments and there are always going to be
      people that will want to keep the date hard and fast so if you're
      fudging you will get comments. If you're not grossly pushing it;
      Smile, be nice and move on. If they're persistent thank them for
      their opinion and tell them you will take their comments into
      consideration. Consider them rude and move on.

      If you are grossly pushing it think about bringing it back closer to
      the line.

      Ian the Green

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Ruthie <blaze2242@...> wrote:

      > I thought the end date was 1650?

    • Janet
      Message 48 of 48 , Dec 12, 2008
        I used the 5.3 ounce weight for dresses and tunics.
        ~Isabel