Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Fabric Patterns

  • Patrick Callahan
    Message 1 of 48 , Jun 30, 2007
      From: www.sca.org

      "The SCA is an international organization dedicated to
      researching and re-creating the arts and skills of
      pre-17th-century Europe. Our "Known World" consists of
      19 kingdoms, with over 30,000 members residing in
      countries around the world. Members, dressed in
      clothing of the Middle Ages and Renaissance, attend
      events which may feature tournaments, arts exhibits,
      classes, workshops, dancing, feasts, and more. Our
      "royalty" hold courts at which they recognize and
      honor members for their contributions to the group."

      Pre-17th-century (aka. 1600's) For example 1995 was in
      the 20th century and so on. Making the end date for
      SCA reenactments something like December 31st 1599.
      The earliest mention of Scottish Kilts was in 1594 so
      kilts are in fashion with in the SCA time frame though
      only in the very late period and only the earliest of
      kilts.

      Krezye Padreyk
    • Janet
      Message 48 of 48 , Dec 12, 2008
        I used the 5.3 ounce weight for dresses and tunics.
        ~Isabel