Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Fabric

  • Dianne & Greg Stucki
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 29, 2007
      At 08:24 AM 6/29/2007, you wrote:

      >I'm just learning about fabrics and such, but isn't this a good deal
      >or is it too small to be useful at only 36"
      >
      ><http://www.thaisilks.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_2&products_id=11>http://www.thaisilks.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_2&products_id=11
      >
      >it's only 2.35/yd natural silk
      >
      >Failend>>

      The width is not the issue. The issue is that it's only 5 momme,
      which means very very light--too light for garb. I made a partlet
      once out of the stuff and it was quite sheer.

      It's also slippery, floaty and a PITA to work with. Every rough spot
      on your fingers will snag it. And the way it raveled when I attempted hem it...

      Well, let us draw the curtain of charity over the scene that followed.

      Laurensa