Re:Fabric Patterns

  • Ruthie
    Message 1 of 48 , Jun 28, 2007
      I want to jump on the strip bandwagon and ask about patterns!
      I am playing with people who have been doing it for 5+ years, and am getting
      my garb coaching from them (one of them used to work for a merchant who sold
      garb). But I think that I might be (eventually) more interested in being
      more period then they are.

      So how period is patterned fabrics? I know brocades are late period, and
      right now, since I haven't chosen a specific time/place I am sticking to
      skirts and bodices over a chemise. Most of my friends are late period, (at
      least those who have chosen a specific time at all).

      I know I don't need to have perfectly period garb now, but I'd hate to spend
      the time and money making something, only to not be able to wear it any
      more.

      So, to sum myself up, are patterned fabrics period? What type of prints?

      Ruth, who would like to be Rose

    • Janet
      Message 48 of 48 , Dec 12, 2008
        I used the 5.3 ounce weight for dresses and tunics.
        ~Isabel