Avoiding being a fried egg

  • jbjt30@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2007
      Salutations Brangwayna Morgan,
      >snip<
      >I was the one that said that, and "treeing" is a personal term used pretty
      much by my husband, myself, and some close friends. So if you say anything to anyone else in the East about "going treeing", they are not going to understand what you mean!
      Tree shade is the best, shade from a plastic tarp the least effective (I've
      never had the opportunity to be under one of the silvered plastic tarps that
      are supposed to reflect heat, so I have no idea about those), and canvas
      somewhere in the middle. The very last place you want to be on a very hot day (besides in direct sunlight) is inside a nylon tent in direct sunlight, even with all available windows open; these are often referred to as "Easy-Bakes" for good reason.

      Lancaster, PA

      Heavens! I hope you didn't mind my relaying what you had said. I am glad you clarified it was a "in your family" term I'm afraid I didn't catch on to that when I read it. Sorry. I just thought is was so cute and it made me giggle & I thought it would be good to "lighten" things up on here.>grin<
      I also wanted to add regarding your comment about tents being very hot that I read somewhere to avoid napping inside your tent (this being a mundane tent) during the middle of the day as that is the hottest time of day and it can lead to dehydration to nap there because of the heat. (I can't remember if it was from the Florigium (sp?) or if it was a camping website or maybe it was my Camping magazine?, I'm not sure. Bad memory! Bad!)
      Fa'rissa of the Outlands