Greetings Group

  • Kimberly
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 23, 2007
      Hello all, I'm new currently in the Kingdom of Calontir and looking
      forward to being active in the Group! So far I have gotten my persona
      to viking, that is all I have settled on....for me it's hard to
      choose. Anyways so far I am enjoying the posts, and look forward to
      my first event.
    • Jibra'il 'Attar.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 23, 2007
        Kimberly:
        > Hello all, I'm new currently in the Kingdom of Calontir and looking
        > forward to being active in the Group! So far I have gotten my persona
        > to viking, that is all I have settled on....for me it's hard to
        > choose. Anyways so far I am enjoying the posts, and look forward to
        > my first event.

        Greetings and welcome to Calontir and the SCA!

        Might I inquire as to where in Calontir you are located? Any
        particular questions weighing on your mind that you'd like some
        answers to?

        Until the next time,
        Jibra'il beg `Attar.
        Shire of Deodar
        Kingdom of Calontir
      • Terion
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 23, 2007
          I am located in the Shire of Oakheart and looking forward to meeting everyone!

          May Your Day Be Great!
          K.T. Miller-Rose

          "If it's true that our species is alone in the universe,
          then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

          George Carlin
          US comedian and actor (1937 - )

        • Jibra'il 'Attar.
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 23, 2007
            Terion of Oakheart:
            > I am located in the Shire of Oakheart and looking forward to meeting everyone!

            Wonderful! I take it you've met Gwydion by now? He's quite a nice guy,
            and great with getting newcomers started in Calontir. If not, I would
            definitely encourage you to seek him out at some point.

            Though we hail from opposite ends of the Kingdom, feel free to drop me
            a line at any point and I will gladly answer any questions you have.

            Jibra'il.
          • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 26, 2007
              Kimberly wrote:
              > So far I have gotten my persona to viking, that is all I have settled
              > on....for me it's hard to choose.

              Do you really mean "Viking", or do you mean "Norse"?

              "Viking" is a job description, like "Stock Brokering". It was a Norse
              concept, but Gaelic, Germanic, and other northern European people
              (almost all men) also went a-Viking. If you mean "Norse", I can point
              you to some excellent starter websites. (My lord's persona is Norse,
              so I've done the research.)

              Coblaith Mhuimhneach
              Barony of Bryn Gwlad
              Kingdom of Ansteorra
              <mailto:Coblaith@...>
            • Anetika
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
                --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Jibra'il 'Attar."
                <giudo.brunelleschi@...> wrote:

                > Greetings and welcome to Calontir and the SCA!

                Again, Greetings and welcome Kimberly! Jibiril, we really must
                stop "bumping" into each other like this. ;)

                Allow me to introduce myself. I am Lady Constance Wilkike,
                Chatelaine, Barony of Forgotten Sea, Calontir (Kansas City MO).
                What event are you planning to make your first? I suggest Feast of
                Eagles coming up in August if you don't make it to one sooner.
                Feast of Eagles is always a fun little event, with plenty to do and
                see. There will be fighting, A&S and of course, a fantastic feast
                prepared by a lady who is quite possibly Calontir's finest cook. Go
                to http://www.shireofcai.org/flyers for more info. I look forward
                to meeting you at future events.

                In Service to Kingdom and Barony,
                Lady Constance Wilkicke