Creating my Character

  • gradius_maximus
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2007
      Hello Everyone,

      Just starting to get into the SCA world, I have been adamant about
      joining since I was just a small boy, now that I'm more then of age
      this dream shall be realised.

      I would like to create a character who's of celtic/saxon origins who
      would be wearing lots of furs and chain mails. I'd just like to know
      if anyone out there could give me a hand by advising just how to
      create such a garb that would be authentic to the 1200+ Era.

      Any fellow barbarians out there? ;)

      Feel free to contact me at Gradius69@...
    • Wolfy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2007
        > I would like to create a character who's of celtic/saxon origins who
        > would be wearing lots of furs and chain mails. I'd just like to know
        > if anyone out there could give me a hand by advising just how to
        > create such a garb that would be authentic to the 1200+ Era.
        >
        > Any fellow barbarians out there? ;)

        First of all... SCA folks use the term "persona". Character is someone
        you pretend to be while persona is REALLY you. You do not imitate or
        play that person. You become that person.

        As for barbarians.... *cough clears throat*
        Twochuck twochuck twochuck twochuck!

        Cheers.
        ~Wolfy

        --
        The heart has reasons which reason does not know. (Blaise Pascal)