Re: [SCA Newcomers] pregnant wemon

  • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15, 2007
      enchantingtess wrote:
      > What kind of clothing did the pregnant wemon wear back in 16th century
      > ireland? celt/scott somewhere around there

      I think the culture you mean to refer to is that of the Irish Gaels.
      (The adjectival form is "Irish Gaelic".)

      Women in most of the S.C.A. period dressed pretty much the same way
      when pregnant that they dressed when not.

      Reconstructing History has a good introduction to 16th-century Irish
      dress, at <http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/irish/wear.html>.

      Coblaith Mhuimhneach
      Barony of Bryn Gwlad
      Kingdom of Ansteorra