Re: How to make EASY, breezy beautiful Roman clothes!!!

  • mackayjenn
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2007
      You're welcome! :) I'm always happy to help out. I found a lot of
      stuff about Roman and Greek clothes, since they borrowed styles from
      the Greeks. I've been reading Roman Clothing and Fashion by A.T.
      Croom on my lunch breaks lately. EXCELLENT info in that book! Highly
      recommended--you can find it from Amazon.com in soft cover for about
      $35.00. It's higher elsewhere.

      Dig through the links I posted for you--there's several on "How to
      Sew" that are really simple to follow. It's not hard at all.

      There are books for Roman armor, too--see the Legio XX link. They
      list reference books for the armor.

      Gemma Northwood
      Antir
      Barony of Stromgard
      Vancouver, WA

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Brandy Williams"
      <GaiaAureliaCaesar@...> wrote:

      > Oh wow! Thanks for all the links! I know what I am going to be
      doing for the
      > rest of the day...Yeah! I can't think you enough for this
      information.

      > Also, I am going to fighter practice this coming weeked so I am
      hoping to
      > borrow a friend's armour and be able to beat the crap out of my
      > husband...He's looking forward to it as well!
      >
      > Again, Thank you and thank everyone for the great info!
      >
      > BJ
      > C. Aurelia Caesar

      > MSN is giving away a trip to Vegas to see Elton John.  Enter to win
      today.
      > http://msnconcertcontest.com?icid-nceltontagline

    • mackayjenn
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        Here's a link on Roman women's hairstyles. This is fun. :)

        http://www.beastcoins.com/Topical/RomanWomen/RomanWomen.htm

        Gemma Northwood
        Antir
        Barony of Stromgard