Re: How to make EASY, breezy beautiful Roman clothes!!!

  • Brandy Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2007
      Oh wow! Thanks for all the links! I know what I am going to be doing for the
      rest of the day...Yeah! I can't think you enough for this information.

      Also, I am going to fighter practice this coming weeked so I am hoping to
      borrow a friend's armour and be able to beat the crap out of my
      husband...He's looking forward to it as well!

      Again, Thank you and thank everyone for the great info!

      BJ
      C. Aurelia Caesar

      MSN is giving away a trip to Vegas to see Elton John.� Enter to win today.
      http://msnconcertcontest.com?icid-nceltontagline
    • mackayjenn
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2007
        You're welcome! :) I'm always happy to help out. I found a lot of
        stuff about Roman and Greek clothes, since they borrowed styles from
        the Greeks. I've been reading Roman Clothing and Fashion by A.T.
        Croom on my lunch breaks lately. EXCELLENT info in that book! Highly
        recommended--you can find it from Amazon.com in soft cover for about
        $35.00. It's higher elsewhere.

        Dig through the links I posted for you--there's several on "How to
        Sew" that are really simple to follow. It's not hard at all.

        There are books for Roman armor, too--see the Legio XX link. They
        list reference books for the armor.

        Gemma Northwood
        Antir
        Barony of Stromgard
        Vancouver, WA

        --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Brandy Williams"

        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2007
          Here's a link on Roman women's hairstyles. This is fun. :)

          http://www.beastcoins.com/Topical/RomanWomen/RomanWomen.htm

          Gemma Northwood
          Antir
          Barony of Stromgard