Re: [SCA Newcomers] Picking a multi-era name?

  • Sara L Uckelman
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1 1:06 AM
      Quoth Coblaith Mhuimhneach:
      > A quick comment: The most common type of byname, across Europe
      > throughout our period, was the patronymic. All you need to construct

      This is a bit to broad of a statement. In many cultures and time
      periods, locative bynames (ones indicating where the bearer originally
      came from) are much more common than patronymics. (In fact, I'd say
      that this is true of all of the pre-1350 data sets of any language/
      culture that I've studied).

      -Aryanhwy

      --
      vita sine literis mors est