researching costume (was: new need some help with research)

  • Coblaith Mhuimhneach
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
      Ilaria Rolfe wrote:
      > I am wanting to make a peasant outfit but I'm not sure as to the
      > century it is from.

      Do you mean to say you've seen a "peasant outfit" you like and wish to
      replicate it, but aren't sure what period it represents? Or are you
      saying that you want to develop a "peasant" persona and would like to
      know what sort of clothing is appropriate, but haven't yet decided what
      period to portray?

      The name you've chosen is English. Can we assume you're looking for
      information on English clothing?

      > How do you research costume.

      The usual way is to determine where and when you're "from", then look
      for resources related to the period. Someone here might be able to
      point you to something useful if you can clarify your question.

      Coblaith Mhuimhneach
      Barony of Bryn Gwlad
      Kingdom of Ansteorra
      <mailto:Coblaith@...>