8752Re: [SCA Newcomers] Siege Weapon Ammunition

  • Steve Pote
    Aug 2 7:02 PM
      Plague victims? Pumpkins?
      Here's a fellow using pianos...
      http://asylum.apocalypse.org/pub/u/zonker/fpp/html/trebuchet.html

      and a real link as an apology for being a wise guy...
      http://members.iinet.net.au/~rmine/seemore.html

      I suspect for the trebuchet/catapult the real answer is - whatever was handy and about the right weight. It makes no sense to transport rocks...but variable weight makes for bad aim. I would bet the SCA Archers have good ideas on ballista bolts.
      The sheer force would splinter anything underweight or of inferior material...
      http://www.sca.org/officers/marshal/combat/siege/siege_handbook_update.html

      Janet <HI_it_is_me@...> wrote:
      ok, so my boyfriend is trying to find some info
      (dimensions, suggested materials, etc) for siege
      weaponry ammunitions. Specifically ballista bolts and
      also crossbow bolts, but also for trebuchets, etc.
      We're in the Midrealm (I know it's a silly time to ask
      since most of the midrealmers are at pennsic). Any
      info would be greatly appreciated, so I can get him to
      quit building the tabletop artillery that is over
      coming my living room and send him to the back yard to
      work on the real thing....lol.
      Thanks a ton,
      Isabel of Falcon's Quarry
      North Oaken