8472Re: [SCA Newcomers] New-ish One Here

    Jun 6, 2006
      In a message dated 6/3/2006 5:30:17 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com writes:

      <<We had a great time but had to cut our stay short because of the heat
      even while wearing linen underdress and a tunic dress. Can anyone
      recomend a type of garb for ladies that is not multiple layers and
      originated for areas as mentioned above?>>

      What I do to stay reasonably in my 12th century English persona in this
      situation is to make my overdresses of linen as well, and just wear the overdress
      so it is only one layer. Soaking your veil with cold water helps a lot, too
      :-)

      Lancaster, PA