7931Re: [SCA Newcomers] Newbie name help

  • pat danis
    Jan 6, 2006
      I am fairly new as well, just a few months and I choose a name I have loved for years,but have had some thoughts of changing it. I think it all depends on who you see yourself as in the SCA. For instance I am a common woman of noble birth. I have no goal nor do I want to be anything else. I have no consort with expectations of being a Knight, I seek no titles except that of Lady, thus a more common, possibly less extravagant name is a good choice (for me). If you see yourself as being higher born or come from a land with extravagant names, you may want to look at something more original or different. Heck I am knew at this too so best advice is no advice, but try what feels right to you on...then see how it feels.

      Soibha'n Shannon

      Drewsylla ~Not Angelina~ <drewsylla@...> wrote:
      I have always been partial to Isolde and would like to have that in my
      name. Can anyone help me immerse myself into this more fully. I
      really don't know how to go about it.
      Thanks,
      drewsylla