7632Re: [SCA Newcomers] Hello from a "newbie"

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Sep 18, 2005
      On Sunday 18 September 2005 19:10, Janet wrote:
      > It's one of those
      > handy things about the SCA, just because you're 12th
      > century french doesn't mean you can wear mongolian
      > garb or 15th cent english just because you want to.

      Agreed. :-)

      In some cases, people develop multiple personas. In other cases, they
      simply wear garb of interest, without apology (nor is one needed). Or some,
      like me, invent a story about our persona "traveling in other lands". In
      my case, my persona is an itinerant tinker, so it makes sense. I'm Byzantine
      by persona, but when I wear western European garb at events, I simply explain
      that I've learned it's better to blend in with the locals. :-)

      The choice is yours...any of the above approaches are fine.

      keys fesswise reversed sable.