6786Re: [SCA Newcomers] Introduction

  • Sarah Krans
    Dec 28, 2004
      Actually, you can directly compare (placing the fabric under the
      yarn/colour swatches which are hand dyed with natural dyes) and tell
      which colours are able to be reproduced with natural dyes despite the
      fabric actually being dyed with synthetic dyes. There is a noticable
      difference between colours that can ONLY be achieved synthetically and
      those that can be achieved through natural means. Keep in mind, though
      that there are quite a few colours available today which are achieved
      synthetically but can be achieved naturally - sorry if that is
      confusing.

      Sarah

      On 24 Dec 2004, at 00:57, Marco and Jitka Sainte wrote:

      > Quote:
      > purchased a swatch book that I can
      > check fabrics again - if the fabric doesn't clash with the swatches
      > they are natural colours.
      >
      > Please explain? It sounds like you're saying that you can just look at
      > something compared to something else to see if it's a natural color.
      > That doesn't sound right to me.
      >
      > Fiora
      >

      > --
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links