6202Re: [SCA Newcomers] New arrival

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Sep 3, 2004
      On Wednesday 01 September 2004 18:52, william_of_crioch_branach wrote:
      > william is a scribe which corresponds to my modern-day occupation of
      > journalist in Kankakee, Illinois.

      [SHAMELESS_PLUG]
      Journalist, eh? Hmmmm...... (evil grin spreads across Justin's face...)

      At some point, you might want to go have a look at http://scatoday.net/ .
      This is a non-commercial, volunteer-run news portal for medievalists,
      most especially the SCA. We're always looking for volunteer reporters and
      editors to contribute news about the Current Middle Ages as well as notes
      of historical interest, such as major museum special exhibits or significant
      archaeological discoveries. Should you ever get bored, please consider
      sending an email to editor@... or publisher@... and let
      us find you something to do. {BIG GRIN}

      SCAtoday.net is completely unofficial and is not an SCA corporate publication.
      [/SHAMELESS_PLUG]

      And while I was typing this, my wife Milica, who is the Editor-In-Chief of
      SCAtoday.net (I am the Publisher and Webmaster) just walked into the room.
      She also happens to be the Chronicler of the Middle Kingdom (the office of
      Chronicler is the person who produces local, baronial, or Kingdom newsletters).
      Her beady little eyes lit up when I mentioned what I was writing, and she
      said, "Hmmm....maybe he'd like to be a Chronicler!"

      But Milica is on this list also, so I will let her issue her own shameless
      plug for that office. ;-) Hey Milica, here's your segue: "Gee, Milica, I
      wonder how many newcomers aren't aware of what a Chronicler does? Perhaps
      you should explain the office's role." Bwahahahaha! (Pssst....Milica
      got zapped with the Order of the Dragon's Heart, a service award, at Pennsic
      this year.)

      My good lord William, I suspect you will find your skills to be in great
      demand in the SCA, should you wish to apply them. Welcome indeed!

      keys fesswise reversed sable.