6192Re: [SCA Newcomers] New arrival

  • Tina
    Sep 2, 2004
      <justin@4...> wrote:

      > I have been known to jest that "My ancestors were kicked out of
      every civilized country in Europe!"

      LOL! Now I'm really wondering if we're related. Your family isn't
      from Kentucky are they? ;)

      > Or you can do what I did -- pick "none of the above" as a culture.
      I've got all those different flavors of heritage in my background,
      but chose to do Byzantine persona in the SCA just because I find it
      interesting.

      True and Byzantine would be interesting. I've been studying Egypt for
      some writing that I'm doing and had considered creating a persona
      from that part of the world...though I'm still trying to learn more
      about everyday life.

      Just found a great site you might have visited:
      http://members.tripod.com/BlackTauna/byzantine.html

      I've bookmarked it, it's going to take some time to go through all
      the different links she has listed.

      Tina
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic