6183Re: [SCA Newcomers] New arrival

  • Iustinos Tekton called Justin
    Aug 31 7:50 PM
      On Monday 30 August 2004 23:15, william_of_crioch_branach wrote:
      > I believe I would use a persona from my own family history.

      The catch here is that you can't portray someone who *actually* lived --
      you need to pick the persona of someone who *could* have lived during your
      chosen time period and locality of study. If you want to use your own
      family tree as a basis, that's fine, but you need to invent a fictional
      leaf on that tree.

      I'm envious if you can trace your ancestry enough to be able to do this.
      My own family tree isn't known very far back. I am told that I have French,
      English, Irish, Dutch, German, and a tiny bit of Polish blood -- not enough
      of any one country to be able to consider myself to have any real ethnic
      background. I've always been rather saddened by that.

      keys fesswise reversed sable.