5790Re: [SCA Newcomers] Kingdom Badge

  • mofnorwood
    May 2 10:20 PM
      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, Susan Farmer <sfarmer@s...>
      wrote:

      > > Greetings!
      > > A question has occurred to me as I start to make garb and
      banners and favors .... who is authorized to wear the kingdom badge? I
      know the device is reserved to king/queen/seneschal. Can anyone wear
      the badge?

      > Dunno if that's any different than the populace badge -- but there
      is a
      > populace badge that any resident of the kingdom may wear. I do not
      > believe that you must swear fealty to display the badge.
      >
      > My favorite site for this information (badges, arms etc.) is
      > http://www.goldenstag.net/MiscSCA/KingdomColors.htm
      >
      > Jerusha in Meridies

      There *is* a difference between a kingdom bage and a populace badge.

      The populace badge is released for general populace use, and that I
      know of requires no oath to wear.

      Margaret Northwode.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic