3244[SCA Newcomers] Re: Armor

  • Wolfshadow72
    Aug 6, 2002
      errr...someone who lives in the area (in this case, Northern
      Colorado) - I'd rather give business to someone up here,
      but...*shrugs* I havent been able to meet up with the ones up here
      who I know for a fact are into armouring...*sighs* what can I
      say...story of my life these days...:P
      'shadow

      --- In scanewcomers@y..., Scott Szakonyi <thorsman99@y...> wrote:

      > Out of curiousity, what's local?
      > Wolfshadow72 <wolfshadow72@y...> wrote: Does their armour not
      meet the minimums? I called and asked them a
      > few questions about the types of leather and steel they used and it
      > *sounded* (key word there, I havent seen it for myself yet)
      identical
      > to what I've always used in the past (very thick leather and 16
      gauge
      > steel on knees and elbows, as well as measurement requirements). I
      > wanted to get something local, but what with my schedule and the
      > schedules of those here that I know make armour...*shrugs* nothing
      > ever seemed to work out as far as times we could meet...which sucks
      > because I KNOW I could get it cheaper from them...
      >
      > 'shadow
      >
      > --- In scanewcomers@y..., "Liye23" <liye23@y...> wrote:
      > > Personally, i wouldn't order any armor from by the sword, except
      > > possibly leather goods.
      > >
      > > Otherwise go to an armorer that plays in the SCA they most often
      > know
      > > what's best, a large number of armorers are also knights, so they
      > > know all the rules and stuff.
      > >
      > > Sidonia
      > > Shire of Buckland Cross
      > > East Kingdom.