3225Re: [SCA Newcomers] Re: Armor

  • Scott Szakonyi
    Aug 3, 2002
      Out of curiousity, what's local?
      Wolfshadow72 <wolfshadow72@...> wrote: Does their armour not meet the minimums? I called and asked them a
      few questions about the types of leather and steel they used and it
      *sounded* (key word there, I havent seen it for myself yet) identical
      to what I've always used in the past (very thick leather and 16 gauge
      steel on knees and elbows, as well as measurement requirements). I
      wanted to get something local, but what with my schedule and the
      schedules of those here that I know make armour...*shrugs* nothing
      ever seemed to work out as far as times we could meet...which sucks
      because I KNOW I could get it cheaper from them...

      'shadow

      --- In scanewcomers@y..., "Liye23" <liye23@y...> wrote:
      > Personally, i wouldn't order any armor from by the sword, except
      > possibly leather goods.
      >
      > Otherwise go to an armorer that plays in the SCA they most often
      know
      > what's best, a large number of armorers are also knights, so they
      > know all the rules and stuff.
      >
      > Sidonia
      > Shire of Buckland Cross
      > East Kingdom.