17232Brand Spankin' New!

  • ata.venture
    Dec 10, 2013
      Hi everyone!

      I'm new to SCA (though I have a lot of friends that are involved in it in some way), and I'm really ready to just dive in! I'm in Madison, WI and the SCA group here seems really involved, which is awesome! I've already sent out an email to the chatelaine in town to introduce myself.

      I'm particularly interested in SCA because I love history (especially the Tudor period) and textile arts. A friend (who was the chatelaine in Rockford, IL until recently) told me that her interest in textile arts and fiber arts really skyrocketed in SCA and I thought it would be neat to explore more.

      Since I formerly taught living history (pioneer history, for kids), I know I need to come up with a persona to help immerse myself in this new culture. Can anyone give me any tips for success?
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic