17226Re: [SCA Newcomers] new

  • Ian Green
    Nov 17 9:47 AM
      Greetings to you in Englewood, FL,

      http://www.sca.org/geography/ can help anyone find a local group in the SCA.  Pass that link on to friends and family that may also be interested no matter where they are in the world.

      You are in the Kingdom of Trimaris:

      Just north of you is a group that is centered in Sarasota  Your area seems to not have a local SCA group that covers it.  Here is the Kingdom of Trimaris clickable map, just in case I'm wrong.

      That group just north of you is called the Canton of Stedborough

      That group's website is:

      Your Local Newcomer Greeter to contact is:

      Ld. Gavin Kyncade
      (George Oakes)

      A Canton is part of a larger group called a Barony and the Barony is:

      The Barony of Marcaster:

      The Barony's newcomers greeter is:

      Cristiana atte Mere
      (Kristi Russell)
      (727) 452-2869

      Either of them should be able to get you the local information you are seeking.

      I could not find any local information about practices and such on their websites myself.  I apologize.  Hopefully the information provided will help you.

      If you find that for some reason you can not contact the two newcomer greaters (called Hospitalers there), feel free to contact the group president called a Seneschal.

      If for some reason you continue not to be contacted, get back a hold of me and I will see what I can do to help you further.

      The Honorble Lord Ian the Green, former Hospitaller type (we use a different title here)

      Middle Kingdom
      Constellation Region (Indiana)
      Shire of Greyhope (Northwest part of Indiana)

      On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 2:59 PM, charley_2626 <charley_2626@...> wrote:

      new to SCA son looking into archery,getting me into to go with.I can see that this could be good for both. Looking for groups in FL Englewood area to talk with help to get into,and info about.

      Yours In Service,

      THLord Ian the Green

      Resistit simplicitati veritas"

      My Blog