17088Greetings, Sort of a Newbie... LOL

  • C
    May 23, 2013
      Good Morning All,

      My name is Carol, I live in WI, and did renn faire many years ago in my slightly mispent youth as a volunteer, and my husband and I did a few SCA events with friends in CA, about 13-14 yrs ago.

      Luckily i kept most of my garb, and can make some from stuff I see on the internets. I have made costumes on short notice for myself and my horse for parades around halloween.

      So... here is my dilema, the garb may not be quite period, or the way it should be.
      And I need to create some barding for my horses, we are going to a border skirmish, and from what I have read online they say "keep it simple"...
      I have a headstall(thing that goes on the horse's head) and breast collar (thing that goes across the horse's chest and helps keep the saddle from slipping if need be). They are more "western/parade" type of thing you might see in the olde tyme westerns Like the Lone Ranger's horse....

      So... I want to use this with a different color behind it.

      AND I need a way to either hide a normal tent OR a way to adapt
      this interior support http://www.welldressedtent.com/index.php
      (look at the pic of the man setting the tent up, it looks like an umbrella) to a tent or pavilion that I could use a supported patio umbrella for a tent....
      I know it seems odd, but I am trying to use what I have, and being on a budget.....
      You can see my vague dilema... I know I know.. not really a dilema... but I know I will be going to more events and will be joining the SCA as a member.

      Thanks tons
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic