      From: Amy Augusta <amyrae12@...>
      To: scanewcomers <scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sat, Feb 23, 2013 11:20 am
      Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Possible newcomer to East Kingdom

      Hello, I'm in the process of exploring the idea of joining SCA. I've been looking at garb, personas, etc and am thoroughly intimidated! I can sew a very very little (like curtains), so I'm looking for either the easiest possible dress to make that is at least a little fitted, or better yet a site where SCA folk sell their gently used garb so I can try that out prior to testing my sewing skills to the limit.
      Does anyone know of such a site? I can't pay the $100s of dollars for the retail sites, many of which are cotton/poly blends anyway. My persona thoughts are either Viking or 15th century generic since those dresses look easy and more comfortable than the Viking apron dresses over multiple layers. I prefer simple when possible.

      Ideas? Suggestions for easy to start with personas/time periods. There is zero chance I'm learning any Norse...I'm 40yo and my brain isn't that agile anymore!

      Thank you,
      Amy who doesn't have a cooler name than that in Maine