17006Re: [SCA Newcomers] Belt colors

  • D'vorah bint Da'ud
    Feb 11, 2013
      On 11 Feb 2013, at 5:56 AM, Norana Cantrell wrote:

      > I am going to weave a belt for myself using yarn and am choosing my
      > colors. I know that I'm not allowed to have a belt in certain colors
      > (white, red, yellow, and green) because they mean various things.
      > Does this mean that I'm not allowed to have any green or any white in my
      > belt, or just that my belt can not be entirely (or mostly) white, or green?
      > Thank you,
      > Norana

      No, indeed, you may have any color IN your belt that you wish. And other than the white belt, the others are all custom, not law: you may have any color belt you wish, and simply correct people who ask who your laurel/knight/pelican is, "This is a gold belt, *this* color is yellow." Or if you want a reddish color, "Oh, no, this is a squire's knight's red, and this belt is my crimson/scarlet/murray."
      D'vorah bint Da'ud
      Protégé to Meister Albrecht Waldfurster, OP
      Gyldenholt, Caid (Orange, CA)
      Twitter: @DvorahSCA
      Facebook: D'vorah bint Da'ud

      If you have a parrot, and don't teach it to say "Help, they've trapped me in the body of a parrot!" you are wasting everyone's time.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic