16998Re: Greetings and Question

  • aranwen_of_willowford
    Feb 7, 2013
      Though maybe some other readers here have more specifics to offer...
      I did a little Google searching around to see what I could come up with, and "sca irish persona" did indeed yield some goodies :)

      Keep in mind of course this isn't an "sca" link, but rather, that of a member. Some nice links for reading material, and if any old ones won't come up, try putting them in at archive.org to view the cached content... (this happens a LOT with old pages with links. The site is still online but the links are dead ones)
      http://www.angelfire.com/zine/kiarapanther/garb/irish.html

      This one has some pretty good thoughts I think, on the Japanese idea.
      http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/sca.html

      Just a few thoughts to help get ideas started.
      I guess my answer for direction is... looking to others who have done those areas before. :)

      ~aranwen's tiny 2 cents' worth

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "The Hawk" wrote:

      > Good Eve to all,
      >
      > my name is David N Yanolatos, and I am new to the SCA. I am looking into both pre 17th century Japan and Ireland for my SCA background. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for my research
      >
      > David

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic