16959Re: A Woman's Place

  • chemistbb3
    Jan 30, 2013
      One of the sayings associated with the SCA is "Not as it was but as is should have been".

      There are a lot of roles that Ladies' in the SCA are involved in that, in the time period that the SCA encompasses, would have been pretty much bared to them. So no, it is not literal.

      William

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "shelbystein" wrote:

      > Hi,I am Shelby. I am brand new to the SCA. I hadn't had any exposure to the SCA until recently when I stumbled on the website. I was very happy to find it! Don't know how I've missed it for all this time, but I'm glad to be here!
      >
      > One question is that I am assuming the SCA is not strictly literal to the medieval period? For instance, the role of women being seen as inferior to that of men.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic