      From: Nikki <sidhemaiden@...>
      To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:28 PM
      Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] (unknown) [[ MODERATOR ]]

      Just as a note, you cannot be hacked from viewing an email. You need to
      execute, or take an action, for a virus to infect your computer. Yahoo
      had a load of accounts hacked recently...the hackers are not only using
      the actual yahoo accounts to send out their emails, but they are also
      using the names of people to send out emails from 'other' addresses. I
      randomly get emails from friends who are in yahoo groups with me, but do
      not use yahoo email addresses...it is their name, but is not from any
      email address they are connected to.

      Nicole