16896Unique names and name help

  • Sheree
    Sep 26, 2012
      Hello all --

      Recently I found a name that I quite like, but after a quick search
      have found that a very well known member in the SCA is already using
      the name (Aryanhwy/Aryanwy). Are there any spoken (or unspoken) rules
      to using a similar/same name of someone in the group? Especially
      someone who is very prominent? Additionally, because she is awesome
      and has written a number of really helpful naming articles for all
      sorts of time periods and cultures, I'm having a heck of a time
      finding documentation and historical precedence for the name - all of
      my searches keep coming up for her! Has anyone had a similar issue?

      Thanks for your time!
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic