16886re: My intro

  • Stefan li Rous
    Sep 20, 2012
      <<< I went to a few SCA events many years ago, lost contact with folks in the SCA and now am trying to reestablish communication. I loved the one sleep over I went to as it was the most magical thing I've ever experienced. I'd really like to get back into the SCA. >>>

      As someone else mentioned, one of the first things you will want to do is find your local SCA groups. Groups differ in size and sometimes in the kinds of activities the folks in a particular group like to do. Some local groups are mostly folks who do armored combat. Others might prefer rapier combat. Some are more into Arts and Sciences stuff. On the other hand, many groups have folks interested in all activities, especially the larger groups such as baronies. Keep in mind that you don't have to play with your closest group and you can play with multiple groups.

      To find out where the closest groups are to you, as well as which kingdom you are in, check the main SCA site at: www.sca.org

      I might also recommend checking out some of the files in the NEWCOMERS section of my Florilegium website. See the address in my signature below.

      There are over 2400 different files there on a wide variety of SCA and medieval subjects, so hopefully they can help you get started.

      Stefan
      --------
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris