16673[MODERATOR] Re: Hjalmr of armor archive

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Mar 28, 2012
      Good gentles,

      May I ask that everyone please step back from the heated discussion of
      Hjalmr's armor?

      There is no policy on this list prohibiting discussion of merchants,
      with customers sharing good and bad experiences. Nor is there a policy
      against merchants responding to criticism.

      This particular thread has been allowed because of the above, but recent
      posts are beginning to stray from discussion into accusation/rebuttal,
      and that is off-topic for this list.

      I am not mandating an abrupt end to the discussion, but do request that
      the tone be softened, and if strong words need to be said, that those
      words be taken off list.

      I do not have a personal stake in one side or the other of the dispute.
      My only concern here is that this list's purpose is to assist SCA
      newcomers. Merchant discussions are intended to be in the context of
      "I'm new and I'm looking for _____. Where is a good place to buy ____?"
      This discussion has strayed from that purpose and has become about
      interpersonal business disputes, and that is not in keeping with this
      list's purpose.

      Thank you for your understanding and your assistance in maintaining an
      on-topic and useful discussion for newcomers.

      Kind regards,

      Justin
      List Administrator

      fesswise reversed sable.