16638Re: yardage for garb question

  • Prudentia
    Mar 12, 2012
      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Prudentia" <iq180andstillatrollop@...> wrote:

      > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "mcdougallmax" <lord-blood-sword@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello once again everyone,
      > >
      > > I'm looking to buy fabric so as to make a surcoat for my fighting garb. I am 5 foot 5 inches (or about that) in height and thought 4 yards would work but I wanted to ask for advice.
      > >
      > ask away we will help you as much as we can

      what do you mean by surcoat? will it have arms? does it fit over your armour? are their pleats? how full is it? do you have a picture? 4 meters is about 4 yards is a lot of fabric I just bought 4 meters of linen to make a full length under dress. you could wrap yourself up like a mummy in 4 yards of fabric so it should be plenty for your needs depending on how detailed an how full your design of your surcoat.

      do you need some suggestions?

      pru the sleep deprived nurse
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic