16637Re: yardage for garb question

  • Prudentia
    Mar 12, 2012
      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Prudentia" <iq180andstillatrollop@...> wrote:

      > --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "mcdougallmax" <lord-blood-sword@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello once again everyone,
      > >
      > > I'm looking to buy fabric so as to make a surcoat for my fighting garb. I am 5 foot 5 inches (or about that) in height and thought 4 yards would work but I wanted to ask for advice.
      > >
      > ask away we will help you as much as we can

      that was the question wasn't it? sorry it is late I have worked a long and painful shift. 4 yrds is like 4 meters and you could wrap yourself up like a mummy with it. I just bought 4 meters of linen to make a long under dress with in a size 20. So may I ask what you mean by surcoat? I am not being flipant but so many people mean so many different things. Do you mean somthing to go over your armour to cover it up? something with arms on it? or more like a tabard with no arms? do you want lots of pleats? do you have a picture? and what is your mundane size?

      pru the sleep deprived nurse
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic