16284Re: Persona?

  • angela
    May 26 8:43 PM
      I am so glad I stumbled on this and read it. It helps me so much! I'm too ADHD to stay on one time period/culture at the same time. Hence my current duel preoccupations with the early history of England and with the roaring 20's.

      I do have a question to throw in this string though. I have a long term interest in Elenore of Aquitaine, so much so that I named my son Richard. I know that you can't do a real person, which I don't want to anyways, but would using the name Elenore be appropriate? Would it be appropriate to use it as a placeholder until I come up with something different? Or should I just wait until something "truely" strikes me. Which could take years...I'm horrible with naming characters/personas (when I play RPG with my guy friends it can take me several weeks to name a character and even then I'll be unhappy with it).

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "amberalamode" <amberalamode@...> wrote:

      > Greetings and salutations!
      >
      > I am a clumsy newcomer to the SCA and am debating on whether or not I should create a persona. I am under the impression that if I do indeed create a persona, that I must always wear garb that identifies with where and when my persona is from. Is this accurate? I wish to know because I am deeply fond of creating all different types of garb and do not wish to be restricted to one kind.
      >
      > Kindest regards,
      > Amber

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic