16277Re: [SCA Newcomers] Non-permanent shoe covers

    May 18 4:51 AM
      <I agree with this statement, remember there are some BIG boys on the field. Corn
      eed line backer size wearing heavy armor and alot of them, its not just the
      dea of one stepping on your foot but think of a pile of bodies all piled up on
      ach other. Thats alot of weight, leave your pretty shoes for when your not in
      rmor and get some strong steel toed boots for when in armor.

      n the other hand, my husband, who is not large (5 foot 9) has been fighting for years in period turnsole shoes and has never had a foot injury or reported being stepped on. He fights mostly tournaments rather than war battles, but he has fought the Pennsic field battle in period shoes. There might be more of a problem with getting stepped on in close quarters stuff like bridge battles, but he hates those anyway and doesn't fight them.
      Lancaster, PA