      From: Chris <chris_brock00@...>
      To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, May 17, 2011 3:05 am
      Subject: [SCA Newcomers] Non-permanent shoe covers

      Okay I have been looking for a way to cover my Merrel shoes to wear during heavy fighting. I found this site and their is a great article for permanent fixture of leather on boots.
      http://mattyds.com/index.php
      I am looking to make a "spat" type cover resembling a viking turn shoe and veer away from the more permanent "shoe goo" method". Any thoughts, ideas,patterns and advice is much appreciated.