16251Re: [SCA Newcomers] Persona?

  • Susan Farmer
    May 2, 2011
      On 5/2/2011 5:57 AM, amberalamode wrote:
      > Greetings and salutations!
      >
      > I am a clumsy newcomer to the SCA and am debating on whether or not I should create a persona. I am under the impression that if I do indeed create a persona, that I must always wear garb that identifies with where and when my persona is from. Is this accurate? I wish to know because I am deeply fond of creating all different types of garb and do not wish to be restricted to one kind.

      (chiming in .....) Oh, heavens no!

      I know folks that know what their persona would eat for breakfast, but
      even they wear whatever they feel like at the time. We often dress for
      The Weather. Sometimes, if an event has a specific period/culture as a
      theme, folks will dress for that. I'm currently exploring Viking and
      1480-1580 Florence.

      I only change my name in my head -- makes making plans for **when** and
      what I'm going to make next.

      Just call me Jerusha ..... :-D (southern Meridies)

      --
      Susan Farmer
      sfarmer@...