16249RE: [SCA Newcomers] Persona?

  • Kyla
    May 2, 2011
      Welcome to the SCA, and to the SCA Newcomers Yahoo list!

      Persona play is a way for some people to focus their research - for
      instance, I am interested in far too many things to research all of them at
      the same time.
      While developing a persona can be fun, please remember that it is not
      required, and your level of persona play should be as much as you are
      interested in doing.

      While it is preferred that you play within the scope of the SCA's stated
      goals - see the corpora for clarity - it is not required for you to register
      either your name or your device.
      Corpora: http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/govdocs.pdf
      Which can be found on the Society website: http://www.sca.org/ under
      'Documents and Policies'.
      Some people enjoy registering their names as part of the game, while others
      don't want to go through the hassle of re-submitting a name or device which
      has been returned.

      If you haven't found the Society website before, take a minute to check out
      the box in the upper right titled 'New to the SCA? Start Here...' There is
      some excellent advice regarding developing a persona and choosing a name.

      Also keep in mind that there is no need to rush into anything - take your
      time and think things through.

      Tabitha Pennywarden - who is currently involved in Persian research, even
      though her name is European, and who is also starting to develop a Medieval
      Provencal persona.
      Ravenslake, Midlands
      Middle Kingdom

      On 2011-05-02, at 5:57 AM, amberalamode wrote:

      > Greetings and salutations!
      >
      > I am a clumsy newcomer to the SCA and am debating on whether or not I
      should create a persona. I am under the impression that if I do indeed
      create a persona, that I must always wear garb that identifies with where
      and when my persona is from. Is this accurate? I wish to know because I am
      deeply fond of creating all different types of garb and do not wish to be
      restricted to one kind.