15799Re: [SCA Newcomers] I haven't posted in a while, but need a little advice/input

    Sep 1, 2010
      <<YMMV? Thank you for the cloak reminder. I have to finish up sewing mine and my husband's. Both boys have finished ones already.>>

      YMMV = "Your Mileage May Vary" :-)

      Cloaks are good things, but I have found that if you need to move around or work in the cold and wet they are not as useful as they might be. I have a coat wool gown and hood that I use as raingear for that purpose.

      Oh, and with wet wool - Hang it as soon as you take it off. If you put it in a heap on the floor, the water will soak it completely through. If it's hanging, the water drains down the outer fibers and drips out the bottom, and only the lowest few inches is soaked through.

      Lancaster, PA