      From: "LCopland@..." <LCopland@...>
      To: scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thu, May 6, 2010 1:15:12 PM
      Subject: Re: [SCA Newcomers] (no subject)

      DeAnna: I've only been with the SCA for a few years now but the rules just say that some attempt at period is required. I also ran into a few people at the begining who were all about being 100% authentic but remember this is for play. It is supposed to be fun, so don't stress it. I have garb from a few different periods depending on the occasion and it has taken me 3 years to find a name that I have yet to submit. Some people may complain but www.renstore. com has a very nice sideless surcoat with chemise for beginners garb then go to some events and check out what others are wearing and feel free to ask where they got it or how did they make it. Usually people are very receptive and pleased that you noticed their garb and will be willing to assist. But first and foremost, don't sweat it, this is supposed to be fun!

      Lori (Eilinora inghean du Ruac)