      From: Stefan li Rous <stefanlirous@...>
      To: SCA Newcomers list <scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, December 15, 2009 11:41:44 PM
      Subject: [SCA Newcomers] patterns and clothing forms

      Elizabeth commented:
      <<< It's also a good idea to invest in good patterns from reputable
      companies
      e.g. Margo Anderson http://www.margospatterns.com/ & The Tudor Tailor
      http://www.tudortailor.com/tailorsshop.htm for 16th century (I'm sure
      there
      are others for earlier periods) >>>

      Thanks for the suggested pattern sources. I will add them to this
      file. Perhaps the comments and reviews here might also help:
      patterns-msg (86K) 1/ 9/08 Sources for clothing patterns.
      Altering mundane patterns.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/patterns-msg.html

      <<< or learn how to create your own patterns the
      period way by draping fabric on a body (a duct tape double will come in
      handy if you want anything fitted) >>>

      clothng-forms- msg (22K) 3/24/06 Commercial and homemade clothing
      forms.
      http://www.florilegium.org/files/TEXTILES/clothng-forms-msg.html

      Stefan
      --------