15232Re: patterns and clothing forms

  • Labhaoise
    Dec 16, 2009
      I am sure there are others, but the Greater Bay Area Costumer's Guild (http://www.gbacg.org/)has extensive reviews on the different patterns/companies written by people with varying skill levels/goals. I find it interesting that the quality may vary greatly between two patterns from the same company.

      Also, if you are a beginner, you may want a less acurate pattern with better directions! Nothing like not being able to figure out where this random wedge of material GOES!

      The earlier the period, the more the garments are geometric in design. There are several web sites with guidance as to how to determine shapes and sizes of the pieces, and how to put them together. But patterns tend to be modern in design.
      Labhaoise
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic