15081Re: [SCA Newcomers] Greetings

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Oct 25, 2009
      On Sun, 2009-10-25 at 08:09 +0000, peneth4 wrote:
      > I am now very much aware of how little I know and yet to learn.
      > Whilst my local group have been extremely helpful I don't want to keep
      > burdening them with questions of who, what, where, when and how.

      Good morning, and welcome to the list!

      Your local group won't mind the questions at all -- there are few things
      SCA folk like to talk about more than the SCA. :-)

      On the other hand, *we* don't mind your questions, either, so by all
      means, ask away. That's what this list is for!

      You'll find that with many questions, there may be more than one right
      answer. It may depend on your kingdom of residence, the customs of your
      local group, or simply personal preference. So listen to what everyone
      has to say, consult your local or kingdom officers -- or the online
      written policies -- for anything having to do with official rules, and
      form your own opinions about matters of preference.

      My best advice as to how to get involved is to find someone at an event
      or meeting who's doing something that looks interesting. Then, depending
      on the context, say, "Hi, I'm new, and I was wondering if you could tell
      me about what you're doing," or "Hi, it looks like you could use a hand
      with that scut work. May I help?"

      Welcome to the SCA and to the list!

      fesswise reversed sable.

      justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/