15026Re: Heraldry question

  • nightflyer0ne
    Oct 6, 2009
      Okay, I'm really new at this, so take my advice with a large grain of salt...and compare it to other responses that you get.

      My understanding on the name issue is that mixing is okay if the two areas had contact with each other during your chosen time period. I assume the Low Land Scots area is on the border with England, so I'd also assume that there would have been quite a bit of cross-border traffic. My guess would be that you are okay there.

      As for your fox, he is a dark color, and so would not show up well against another color. There isn't enough contrast there, unfortunately. You are better off choosing a metal field instead.

      Again, this is the advice of a total newbie, but I have been reading up on these things.

      Heather

      --- In scanewcomers@yahoogroups.com, "Kristen" <spellsinger28@...> wrote:

      > Hi all, I have a question. I've finally made up my mind about a persona, and working on a device. The quetions are. Can I intermix an English first name with a Lowland Scots last name. The name I want to use is Gillian Stewart. Now on to questions about a device. Can I put a fox proper on a colored field or do I need to put it on a metal? Thanks for all the help and advice, I look forward to seeing your answers.
      >
      > Kristen

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic