14971More scribe advice

  • Judith Epstein
    Oct 2, 2009
      Can anyone recommend a good source for Bristol paper? I need it to be...

      * of at least 92lb weight
      * ivory/ecru/"parchment" (read: old-looking) color
      * large in size, like around 14" x 17"
      * otherwise suitable to calligraphy, using non-waterproof India or
      sumi ink
      * cold-pressed if possible, hot-pressed is fine if cold-pressed isn't
      findable

      Bonus points: Can someone tell me where I can find left-handed slant
      calligraphy nibs and holders, or at least straight-cut ones?
      More bonus points: How much is "fairly inexpensive" when it comes to
      slant-top writing surfaces? Can anyone recommend a source for these?

      Judith / no SCA name yet
      Master Albrecht Waldfurster's Egg
      Midrealm, Ayreton, Tree-Girt-Sea (Chicago, IL)
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic