14926Re: [SCA Newcomers] gathering up armor

  • Coblaith Muimnech
    Aug 31, 2009
      scawod wrote:

      > i am in the outlands.. . .i am wondering if you or anyone you know
      > has old or unused equipment that would like to find a new home.

      > let me know if you have any suggestions.

      Since you specifically need to contact somebody reasonably close to
      you, geographically, this is a inquiry better directed to a local
      list. There are a number of kingdom-wide lists for the Outlands that
      you might join <http://www.outlands.org/Default.aspx?tabid=121>, and
      your own branch <http://www.outlands.org/Default.aspx?tabid=413> may
      have one or more of its own.

      By the way, around here, at least, most branches have loaner gear for
      new fighters, so they don't have to try to put together a complete
      kit to start training. (Experienced fighters often encourage trying
      out several sorts of armor and weapons before buying, in fact, as
      different people are more comfortable and/or facile with different

      Coblaith Muimnech
      Barony of Bryn Gwlad
      Kingdom of Ansteorra
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic