14884Re: [SCA Newcomers] Schlepmobile

  • Justinos Tekton called Justin
    Aug 18, 2009
      On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 13:26 -0700, Janet wrote:
      > Don't forget about trailers! We bought a small trailer off craig's
      > list just before Pennsic and it made our packing SO much easier. The
      > ability to tow even a small trailer can make a smaller more fuel
      > economical car have plenty of room to haul people and gear. Also,
      > luggage racks for car top carriers and attaching long items like
      > spears and polearms come in quite handy.

      Whatever you buy, definitely get a trailer hitch installed.

      If you don't want to pull a trailer, consider one of the hitch bar
      platforms. I have a trailer for Pennsic but just bought one of the
      platforms for weekend events. It's about 24x60 inches in size and holds
      circa 400 pounds if evenly distributed. Cost was about $70. They're
      available at Quality Farm and Fleet, Tractor Supply Company, Harbor
      Freight, etc.

      fesswise reversed sable.

      justin@... http://4th.com/sca/justin/
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic